NXP has teamed up with Microsoft, Lenovo and Identive to run an NFC Windows Application Contest. Cash prizes totalling US$22,500 are on offer, plus NFC development kits and US$100 Amazon vouchers. The free-to-enter competition is a “unique opportunity to learn about NFC on Windows 8 and 8.1, propose application ideas and receive everything needed to prototype it,” says NXP.
- Italian rail operator to pilot barrier-free transit ticketing
- XYZ to adopt finger vein payments at co-working cafe
- Manchester reports on open loop contactless ticketing adoption
- EMVCo to support eight-digit Issuer Identification Numbers from 2021
- MTA reports ‘much higher’ than expected Omny contactless transit payments adoption in New York