HTC’s Desire 816, a mid-range Android smartphone unveiled at MWC 2014, is set to come in both NFC and non-NFC versions. “It’s listed as an optional feature in the official spec sheet, so it will likely vary carrier by carrier, country by country,” HTC told NFC World.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes