Samsung Electronics has unveiled a third generation of its NFC controller offering at Mobile World Congress. The new chip is the first NFC controller to use the company’s 45nm embedded flash technology, designed to enable easy firmware updates and low power consumption. The solution is now being sampled and will enter mass production in the second quarter of 2014.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’