Samsung Electronics has unveiled a third generation of its NFC controller offering at Mobile World Congress. The new chip is the first NFC controller to use the company’s 45nm embedded flash technology, designed to enable easy firmware updates and low power consumption. The solution is now being sampled and will enter mass production in the second quarter of 2014.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale