Bangalore-based NFC payments provider iKaaz is taking its technology to Nigeria, in partnership with First City Monument Bank. The company, founded by former Nokia Money employees, offers an mPOS device, mobile wallet and NFC stickers that are tied to the customer’s bank account. SMS-based payments are also supported.
- India moves towards interoperable mobile wallets
- Apple issues apology to Chinese mobile wallet phishing victims
- Barclays pitches watch makers on the benefits of wearable payments
- Telecoms boss gets NFC access control chip implanted in hand
- Contactless payments overtake chip and pin in the UK