Bangalore-based NFC payments provider iKaaz is taking its technology to Nigeria, in partnership with First City Monument Bank. The company, founded by former Nokia Money employees, offers an mPOS device, mobile wallet and NFC stickers that are tied to the customer’s bank account. SMS-based payments are also supported.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit