Bangalore-based NFC payments provider iKaaz is taking its technology to Nigeria, in partnership with First City Monument Bank. The company, founded by former Nokia Money employees, offers an mPOS device, mobile wallet and NFC stickers that are tied to the customer’s bank account. SMS-based payments are also supported.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones