Xerox and Thinfilm have joined the NFC Forum as principal members. Nine companies have joined as associate members — Allion, Amotech, DigiCert, Ixxi, Korea Smart Card Co, PLDS, Seiko Epson, TrustPoint Innovation Technologies and TUV Rheinland. A further ten companies have joined as implementer members: AK Stamping, BMW, Elatec, NEC Tokin, Prestigio, Shanghai Fudan Microelectronics, Silicon Craft Technology, Sino-American Electronics (SAC), Sonim and Yulong.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users