Xerox and Thinfilm have joined the NFC Forum as principal members. Nine companies have joined as associate members — Allion, Amotech, DigiCert, Ixxi, Korea Smart Card Co, PLDS, Seiko Epson, TrustPoint Innovation Technologies and TUV Rheinland. A further ten companies have joined as implementer members: AK Stamping, BMW, Elatec, NEC Tokin, Prestigio, Shanghai Fudan Microelectronics, Silicon Craft Technology, Sino-American Electronics (SAC), Sonim and Yulong.
- Google to boost Google Pay adoption with transfer option for cards saved in Chrome
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments