Xerox and Thinfilm have joined the NFC Forum as principal members. Nine companies have joined as associate members — Allion, Amotech, DigiCert, Ixxi, Korea Smart Card Co, PLDS, Seiko Epson, TrustPoint Innovation Technologies and TUV Rheinland. A further ten companies have joined as implementer members: AK Stamping, BMW, Elatec, NEC Tokin, Prestigio, Shanghai Fudan Microelectronics, Silicon Craft Technology, Sino-American Electronics (SAC), Sonim and Yulong.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes