Bus stops in a number of New York City metro areas have been equipped with Thinaire’s Tapp Store solution, enabling consumers to download Android mobile games via NFC, QR or SMS. “By thinking outside the box, we are turning media spaces into virtual marketplaces and delivering free game apps directly to the consumer at a time of receptivity, interest and perceived need,” says Jacob Katsof, director of mobile apps at Thinaire partner PCS Wireless.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit