Bus stops in a number of New York City metro areas have been equipped with Thinaire’s Tapp Store solution, enabling consumers to download Android mobile games via NFC, QR or SMS. “By thinking outside the box, we are turning media spaces into virtual marketplaces and delivering free game apps directly to the consumer at a time of receptivity, interest and perceived need,” says Jacob Katsof, director of mobile apps at Thinaire partner PCS Wireless.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes