European mobile point of sale specialist Payleven is to introduce a chip and pin reader that supports NFC and contactless card transactions during the second half of 2014. The device “will be offered for a much lower price than other NFC card readers currently on the market and will significantly broaden the potential for smaller businesses in the UK to accept NFC card payments,” the company says.
- Tech firms to explore next gen payment cards that combine fingerprint sensors with digital displays
- Google Pay goes live in France
- EU antitrust chief ‘could review’ Apple Pay
- Apple Pay goes live in Germany
- EU citizens report bugs in UK government NFC passport reading app