French public transportation operator RATP is adding NFC tags to all of its bus stops across Paris, enabling travellers to tap their NFC phone to get information about departure and arrival times. “This new technology has a lot more potential,” RATP told NFC World. “Thanks to it, our customers will have access to more information on their smartphone. No need for a specific app, any smartphone [that is] NFC compatible will be able to read the NFC tags.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works