French public transportation operator RATP is adding NFC tags to all of its bus stops across Paris, enabling travellers to tap their NFC phone to get information about departure and arrival times. “This new technology has a lot more potential,” RATP told NFC World. “Thanks to it, our customers will have access to more information on their smartphone. No need for a specific app, any smartphone [that is] NFC compatible will be able to read the NFC tags.”
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments