Vodafone is adding NFC to Barcelona’s public bicycle rental service, enabling consumers to pay for hire and unlock bicycles from a station using their Vodafone Wallet. Bicing, which has 420 stations across the city and close to 100,000 subscribers, is also working with Vodafone to “enrich” the Bicing app by enabling users to track the distance they travel, average speed and carbon dioxide emissions saved.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card