Vodafone is adding NFC to Barcelona’s public bicycle rental service, enabling consumers to pay for hire and unlock bicycles from a station using their Vodafone Wallet. Bicing, which has 420 stations across the city and close to 100,000 subscribers, is also working with Vodafone to “enrich” the Bicing app by enabling users to track the distance they travel, average speed and carbon dioxide emissions saved.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones