LG has unveiled a range of eco-friendly washing machines that can be paired with a consumer’s smartphone via NFC. It enables users to download new washing programmes — such as wool, baby care and cold wash — and apply them by touching their smartphone on the NFC Tag On symbol on the washing machine. A Smart Diagnosis feature also uses NFC to help users troubleshoot any minor issues with their machine.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills