An NFC payments service using host card emulation (HCE) is being tested in-house by Australian transactional banking services provider Cuscal. The company aims to make the solution commercially available mid 2014, as either a client-branded mobile app or via an API, enabling its clients’ customers to use their mobile phones to make payments at any Visa payWave contactless terminal.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’