Australia’s Westpac bank is to launch its NFC mobile payments service next month, with credentials stored in the embedded secure elements offered by some Android phones. “We are in the final stages of testing the embedded mobile payments functionality on the Android with a view to release this to customers by the end of April,” James Kirby, head of payments strategy at Westpac, has told NFC World.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes