Australia’s Westpac bank is to launch its NFC mobile payments service next month, with credentials stored in the embedded secure elements offered by some Android phones. “We are in the final stages of testing the embedded mobile payments functionality on the Android with a view to release this to customers by the end of April,” James Kirby, head of payments strategy at Westpac, has told NFC World.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations