Australia’s Westpac bank is to launch its NFC mobile payments service next month, with credentials stored in the embedded secure elements offered by some Android phones. “We are in the final stages of testing the embedded mobile payments functionality on the Android with a view to release this to customers by the end of April,” James Kirby, head of payments strategy at Westpac, has told NFC World.
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts
- Russian banks roll out mobile P2P payments