Australia’s Westpac bank is to launch its NFC mobile payments service next month, with credentials stored in the embedded secure elements offered by some Android phones. “We are in the final stages of testing the embedded mobile payments functionality on the Android with a view to release this to customers by the end of April,” James Kirby, head of payments strategy at Westpac, has told NFC World.
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments