Australia’s Westpac bank is to launch its NFC mobile payments service next month, with credentials stored in the embedded secure elements offered by some Android phones. “We are in the final stages of testing the embedded mobile payments functionality on the Android with a view to release this to customers by the end of April,” James Kirby, head of payments strategy at Westpac, has told NFC World.
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions
- PayPal can now be used to make Samsung Pay mobile payments in US stores
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India