UAE-based Mashreq Bank is now offering its credit card customers a contactless payment sticker that can be attached to a mobile phone. Purchases of under 100 dirhams (US$27.23) can be made with the Tap n Go stickers at any of the more than 4,000 points of sale in the UAE equipped with a contactless payment terminal, without the need for a PIN or signature.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments