French bank Credit Mutuel-CIC is to pilot a mobile wallet in the Boulogne-Billancourt area of Paris from May 17, Les Echos reports, enabling consumers to make payments via NFC or QR in around 100 stores. The Fivory wallet goes beyond mobile payments to offer a “multi-channel connected shopping application”, the bank’s Christophe Dolique says, and is technology agnostic. Plans are already in place to test additional technologies, including Bluetooth and voice recognition.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India