French bank Credit Mutuel-CIC is to pilot a mobile wallet in the Boulogne-Billancourt area of Paris from May 17, Les Echos reports, enabling consumers to make payments via NFC or QR in around 100 stores. The Fivory wallet goes beyond mobile payments to offer a “multi-channel connected shopping application”, the bank’s Christophe Dolique says, and is technology agnostic. Plans are already in place to test additional technologies, including Bluetooth and voice recognition.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes