French bank Credit Mutuel-CIC is to pilot a mobile wallet in the Boulogne-Billancourt area of Paris from May 17, Les Echos reports, enabling consumers to make payments via NFC or QR in around 100 stores. The Fivory wallet goes beyond mobile payments to offer a “multi-channel connected shopping application”, the bank’s Christophe Dolique says, and is technology agnostic. Plans are already in place to test additional technologies, including Bluetooth and voice recognition.
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India
- Decathlon adds RFID tags to make in-store self-checkout easier for customers