French bank Credit Mutuel-CIC is to pilot a mobile wallet in the Boulogne-Billancourt area of Paris from May 17, Les Echos reports, enabling consumers to make payments via NFC or QR in around 100 stores. The Fivory wallet goes beyond mobile payments to offer a “multi-channel connected shopping application”, the bank’s Christophe Dolique says, and is technology agnostic. Plans are already in place to test additional technologies, including Bluetooth and voice recognition.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain