Twentieth Century Fox is to use Bluetooth beacons to promote the new X-Men: Days of Future Past movie to cinema-goers in Japan. The campaign makes use of Access Beacon Framework (ABF), a location-aware content distribution system that combines Bluetooth Low Energy beacons, smartphone apps and a cloud-based platform to push the promotion to iOS users.
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year
- One in four Europeans ready to make payments with a wearable device
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards