Customers of Singapore’s OCBC Bank can now send up to S$100 a day to any of their Facebook friends from their phone, using a new Pay Anyone feature in the bank’s mobile app. Recipients are notified of a payment via a post on their Facebook wall and must enter a six-digit code given to them by the sender to receive the money. Pay Anyone can also be used to transfer funds to anyone in a customer’s email or phone contacts list.
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan
- Royal Bank of Canada adds support for Samsung Pay
- Emirates NBD rolls out blockchain security platform that adds QR codes to physical cheques
- Google Pay expands support for transit ticketing cards to Portland
- Japanese airline ANA to enter mobile payments market