San Francisco Soup Company, operator of 17 soup, salad and sandwich restaurants around the Bay Area, has selected mobile solutions provider Punchh to create a customised mobile guest rewards program. Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons will “automatically identify loyalty program members with Bluetooth-enabled smartphones as they come near to or enter a SF soup restaurant”, the company says. The new program will launch next month on both iOS and Android.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes