San Francisco Soup Company, operator of 17 soup, salad and sandwich restaurants around the Bay Area, has selected mobile solutions provider Punchh to create a customised mobile guest rewards program. Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons will “automatically identify loyalty program members with Bluetooth-enabled smartphones as they come near to or enter a SF soup restaurant”, the company says. The new program will launch next month on both iOS and Android.
- EBA issues opinion on strong customer authentication requirements under PSD2
- Eurosmart reports rise in smartphones with embedded secure elements
- Mastercard unveils smart mirror that lets shoppers make payments in the fitting room
- WhatsApp tests mobile payments with one million consumers in India
- Popularity of contactless payments pushes debit cards ahead of cash in the UK