San Francisco Soup Company, operator of 17 soup, salad and sandwich restaurants around the Bay Area, has selected mobile solutions provider Punchh to create a customised mobile guest rewards program. Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons will “automatically identify loyalty program members with Bluetooth-enabled smartphones as they come near to or enter a SF soup restaurant”, the company says. The new program will launch next month on both iOS and Android.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments