Google Play users in 12 countries can now charge the cost of their purchases to their PayPal account. “When you make a purchase on Google Play in these countries, you’ll find PayPal as an option in your Google Wallet; just enter your PayPal account login and you’ll easily be able to make purchases,” Google says. The company also offers carrier billing in 24 countries.
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale
- Heart scan biometrics could let computers continuously monitor logged in users