The Touch ID fingerprint verification technology built into the iPhone 5S can now be used by third-party developers to secure their applications, Apple’s Craig Federighi announced at the company’s 2014 WorldWide Developers Conference (WWDC). A screenshot showing the technology integrated with money management service Mint’s iOS app was included in the presentation. More details are expected to be announced during a Touch ID session on 4 June.
- NFC World launches Go to Market service for innovative technology suppliers
- Google includes support for FeliCa NFC payments in Pixel 3 smartphones
- Standard Chartered unveils IoT payments platform that automatically triggers a payment when a connected product arrives at a destination
- Commonwealth Bank to test ‘smart money’ that knows what it can be spent on
- Alipay: Hackers have used stolen Apple IDs to lift funds from mobile wallets