The IEEE is using Bluetooth beacons to guide visitors around the International Microwave Symposium being held this week in Tampa, Florida. Attendees running the show’s mobile apps for Android and iOS will be able to guide themselves through the RF and microwave historical exhibit and the Bluetooth Low Energy beacons will trigger descriptions of the artifacts being viewed.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service