The latest edition of Apple’s iOS operating system, unveiled at WWDC this week, will provide a way for apps relevant to a user’s location to be promoted on their iPhone home screen, MacRumours reports. Using Location Services, apps like the Apple Store and Starbucks are appearing when users are near one of their stores. Other users say they have seen apps they haven’t yet installed appear. Swiping on these take users to the location’s App Store page.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service