Twenty upmarket restaurants in Toronto have signed up for mobile payments service Tab. “Users download a free app, set up a profile, and plug in their payment information,” The Globe and Mail reports. “If they’re eating at a participating restaurant, they start the meal by checking into the establishment — the app pops up a list, geolocated to the closest participating institution. And that’s it — at the end of the meal, the app picks up the tab.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?