Twenty upmarket restaurants in Toronto have signed up for mobile payments service Tab. “Users download a free app, set up a profile, and plug in their payment information,” The Globe and Mail reports. “If they’re eating at a participating restaurant, they start the meal by checking into the establishment — the app pops up a list, geolocated to the closest participating institution. And that’s it — at the end of the meal, the app picks up the tab.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works