Toy retailing giant Toys ‘R’ Us has revealed it has seen 23,000 individual transactions conducted using Isis in the three months since it began accepting the NFC payments service. The company is “very happy” with the service, Gregory Todd, the merchant’s senior analyst for credit card programs, told attendees at the 2014 NFC Solutions Summit. Isis recently announced that it is now seeing 20,000 wallet activations a day.
- How facial recognition could replace train tickets
- Convenience store Cheers opens first unmanned, cashless outlet
- Visa chasing Indian payments market as mobile money gains traction
- NXP details best practices for deploying successful national electronic IDs
- Some Bitcoin backers are defecting to create a rival currency