UK mobile network operator EE is working with the organisers of the Glastonbury Festival to make contactless payments available at 25 of the music event’s bars later this month. EE customers with an Android NFC phone will be able to use the carrier’s Cash on Tap service to pay for their drinks with their mobile phone.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers