UK mobile network operator EE is working with the organisers of the Glastonbury Festival to make contactless payments available at 25 of the music event’s bars later this month. EE customers with an Android NFC phone will be able to use the carrier’s Cash on Tap service to pay for their drinks with their mobile phone.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands