Banco do Brasil has partnered with mobile network operator Oi and Visa to offer NFC mobile payments in Brazil. The service will be made available to a limited number of users initially and then rolled out to all the bank’s customers. Users will be able to make payments with an NFC phone at any of the 1.4m contactless POS terminals available in the country. Oberthur Technologies is supplying NFC SIMs to Oi for the project.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users