Banco do Brasil has partnered with mobile network operator Oi and Visa to offer NFC mobile payments in Brazil. The service will be made available to a limited number of users initially and then rolled out to all the bank’s customers. Users will be able to make payments with an NFC phone at any of the 1.4m contactless POS terminals available in the country. Oberthur Technologies is supplying NFC SIMs to Oi for the project.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands