Priceline, the world’s leading accommodation booking platform, is to buy restaurant booking service OpenTable for $103 per share in an all-cash transaction valued at US$2.6billion. OpenTable, which has been testing mobile payments in San Francisco, has seated more than 125million diners worldwide while one million guests stay in accommodation booked by Priceline every night.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations