IdentiCard has introduced a silicone wristband containing a Mifare contactless chip that can be used to replace traditional student access cards on campus. Uband can be used “for dormitory or classroom access, payment at campus dining locations, printer authorization in campus libraries and more,” the company says.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan