Canada-based coffee chain Tim Hortons has opened up its mobile payments service to WP8 phone users. The new app includes a voice recognition feature that lets users launch the mobile barcode payment screen on their TimmyMe app by simply saying “TimmyMe Pay”.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service