A guide to host card emulation (HCE) and SIM-based NFC payments options has been produced by Consult Hyperion, in conjunction with GSMA. Each technology offers important benefits for financial institutions, HCE and SIM Secure Element: It’s not Black and White (PDF) concludes. “They should not be viewed as mutually exclusive and a combination of the approaches may be appropriate for differing applications and markets,” it adds.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents