Air France is to run an NFC pilot at airports in Paris and Toulouse from 2 July, enabling a selected group of customers to download their boarding pass to their NFC phone. Further details will be available when the pilot has been completed, the airline told NFC World+. Air France ran one of the world’s first NFC boarding pass pilots at Nice airport in 2009.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service