Air France is to run an NFC pilot at airports in Paris and Toulouse from 2 July, enabling a selected group of customers to download their boarding pass to their NFC phone. Further details will be available when the pilot has been completed, the airline told NFC World+. Air France ran one of the world’s first NFC boarding pass pilots at Nice airport in 2009.
- NXP to host NFC for consumables and accessories webinar on 22 February
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected