Android L will offer an easier way for users to share their WiFi passwords, Android Police reports. Network owners will be able to access a ‘write to NFC tag’ option from within the WiFi settings menu. Visitors will then just need to tap the tag with an NFC phone to log on to the network.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card