Retailer-owned mobile payments provider Yapital is testing the use of fingerprint biometrics to replace PIN entry when paying by smartphone. “As the major smartphone manufacturers are now integrating fingerprint scanning into their products, we have immediately launched appropriate tests,” says Yapital’s Oliver Kress. The company already supports payments via NFC, QR and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments