Retailer-owned mobile payments provider Yapital is testing the use of fingerprint biometrics to replace PIN entry when paying by smartphone. “As the major smartphone manufacturers are now integrating fingerprint scanning into their products, we have immediately launched appropriate tests,” says Yapital’s Oliver Kress. The company already supports payments via NFC, QR and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).
- US Payments Forum offers card-not-present fraud advice
- Starbucks to add gift cards to iMessage as Mobile Order & Pay grows
- Dynamics CEO shares details on how LG Pay will work with magnetic stripe card terminals
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets