Spanish bank Bankia has launched a mobile payments service that uses NFC stickers attached to the back of a customer’s smartphone to make purchases at any contactless POS terminal. Consumers need to download the Bankia Mobile Wallet app to use the service. Stickers can be requested via Bankia’s website or any bank branch.
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies