More than 1.75 billion mobile phone users will have used their device for banking purposes by the end of 2019, up from 800 million people this year, according to a new Juniper Research forecast. “Banks now regard the mobile channel as an indispensable revenue stream,” says report author Nitin Bhas. “However, with the mobile channel becoming a key customer retention strategy, it presents a great challenge to traditional institutions.”
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year
- One in four Europeans ready to make payments with a wearable device
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards