One in three UK smartphone or tablet owners have never enabled push notifications on their connected devices and 78% of those who have enabled it would immediately delete the app or disable the notification if they were unhappy with the push notifications they receive, a DMA UK survey has found. Sales promotions (34%), new product launches (26%) and location-based offers (24%) top the list of push notifications consumers are most willing to receive.
- Softbank-backed PayPay to update mobile payments app ‘after wrongful charge complaints’
- 7-Eleven to open unmanned convenience stores in Japan
- Hyundai to let drivers unlock cars with their fingerprint
- UN agency to pilot biometric cards for migrants
- German savings banks press Apple to open up its NFC chip