Greece’s Alpha Bank has officially launched its Tap n Pay NFC mobile payment service. The move follows successful pilots which began in February this year. The service works with a Vodafone SIM card that stores Alpha Bank-issued Visa cards and can be used to make payments at any of the 5,500 contactless POS terminals in Greece.
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies