Greece’s Alpha Bank has officially launched its Tap n Pay NFC mobile payment service. The move follows successful pilots which began in February this year. The service works with a Vodafone SIM card that stores Alpha Bank-issued Visa cards and can be used to make payments at any of the 5,500 contactless POS terminals in Greece.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan