Apple has introduced a digital version of the iTunes gift card in Japan that replaces the need for customers to buy a physical card. “To substitute for a physical gift card, iTunes Pass installs a new pass inside of the iOS Passbook application,” 9to5Mac reports.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card