US retail chain Target has launched an image recognition app that lets customers buy items from magazine adverts, catalogs and other media showing the retailer’s ‘In a Snap’ icon. Shoppers hold their phone over a product to capture its image and are then presented with product information and the ability to add the item to their cart and buy it from Target.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service