US retail chain Target has launched an image recognition app that lets customers buy items from magazine adverts, catalogs and other media showing the retailer’s ‘In a Snap’ icon. Shoppers hold their phone over a product to capture its image and are then presented with product information and the ability to add the item to their cart and buy it from Target.
- Apple details Touch ID and PC-to-phone payment security features
- Samsung reveals S8 with multi-biometrics, Samsung Pay reaches quarter of a billion transactions and adds online payments
- Dunkin’ Donuts customers get mobile ordering through Google’s navigation app
- Apple Pay goes live in Taiwan with support from seven banks
- NXP adds new NFC chips and sensors to secure the Internet of Things