Korea’s banks are making a renewed push on mobile payments in the face of increasing competition from outside the financial services sector, Korea Bizwire reports, citing Hana Bank’s ‘Hana N Wallet’, Industrial Bank of Korea’s ‘IBK One Money’, and Shinhan Bank’s ‘Zoo Money’ and ‘My Shinhan Pay’ services. “The sense of urgency that IT companies are encroaching on the mobile payment market is making banks competitively beef up their smartphone-based electronic commerce services and scramble into the war of mobile wallet,” it says.
- ‘Connected finance’ app Curve hits £50m spend ahead of UK launch
- Venmo is testing its own physical debit card
- Google is running a massive Android Pay promo in Australia with 200,000 prizes worth $1.6 million
- Rakbank is the first bank in the Middle East to introduce Samsung Pay solutions for its ATMs
- Westpac shock as Apple bans its messaging payments app after three months