Microsoft has published a guide to developing UICC-based card emulation apps for WP8.1 devices. “In Windows Phone 8.1, it’s faster and easier than ever to create a card-emulation app; you just use the Windows Phone SDK and a regular developer account,” Microsoft says. “You don’t need special privileges to give your app the basic emulation functionality” but “you do have to partner with a mobile operator to launch your app”.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service