PayPal has partnered with MyOrder, the mobile ordering and payment system backed by the Netherlands’ Rabobank, to let customers “order and pay for food or drinks ahead of arriving at a cafe; to pay at the table in a restaurant without calling over the waiter, or pay for parking without searching for the closest meter”. The service is available at 1,500 physical locations, PayPal says.
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies