Pepsi has tested a new NFC shopper marketing solution developed by logistics optimisation solutions provider Rehrig Pacific that uses NFC chips and QR codes on display trays to “increase the opportunity for consumer interaction, at the point of sale, without increased merchandising or delivery costs”. The pilot at the Pepsi Bottling branch in Burnsville, Minneapolis resulted in a 48% click-through conversion rate, 2.8% engagement rate and 1.34% response rate. A full case study is available here (PDF).
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet
- Tesco to roll out high value contactless transactions
- Tech firms to explore next gen payment cards that combine fingerprint sensors with digital displays