Pepsi has tested a new NFC shopper marketing solution developed by logistics optimisation solutions provider Rehrig Pacific that uses NFC chips and QR codes on display trays to “increase the opportunity for consumer interaction, at the point of sale, without increased merchandising or delivery costs”. The pilot at the Pepsi Bottling branch in Burnsville, Minneapolis resulted in a 48% click-through conversion rate, 2.8% engagement rate and 1.34% response rate. A full case study is available here (PDF).
- Tappy Technologies joins the NFC World Partner Program
- ST launches NFC universal device for next-generation POS terminals
- Liopa uses lip reading to add security to face recognition systems
- NXP adds support for FeliCa to NFC phones
- Alipay and UnionPay to support Japanese J-Coin digital currency