Mobile POS provider Square is to introduce a new card reader that can be used to process both EMV chip card and magnetic stripe card payments. “Square Reader for chip cards is the most advanced and affordable way for you to be ready for the cards all of your customers will soon be carrying,” the company says. “No commitments, long-term contracts, or painful ‘reterminalization’ fees.”
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models
- PayPal launches its Xoom mobile remittance service in Europe
- Miami-Dade to roll out open loop ticketing in August?