The GSMA has published a discussion paper on how increased smartphone adoption in the developing world will impact the global mobile money industry. Enhanced user experiences, an accelerated pace of new product development and increased competition are all highlighted as likely developments by the Smartphones & Mobile Money paper.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa