EyeVerify has raised US$6m in Series A funding for a service that uses the camera in a mobile phone to secure access to mobile banking and other apps. The company’s Eyeprint Verification System captures and compares the pattern of blood vessels in the whites of the user’s eyes and is expected to be used “in financial services, enterprise mobility management, mobile security, telecoms, healthcare and government”.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service