EyeVerify has raised US$6m in Series A funding for a service that uses the camera in a mobile phone to secure access to mobile banking and other apps. The company’s Eyeprint Verification System captures and compares the pattern of blood vessels in the whites of the user’s eyes and is expected to be used “in financial services, enterprise mobility management, mobile security, telecoms, healthcare and government”.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa