EyeVerify has raised US$6m in Series A funding for a service that uses the camera in a mobile phone to secure access to mobile banking and other apps. The company’s Eyeprint Verification System captures and compares the pattern of blood vessels in the whites of the user’s eyes and is expected to be used “in financial services, enterprise mobility management, mobile security, telecoms, healthcare and government”.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain