EyeVerify has raised US$6m in Series A funding for a service that uses the camera in a mobile phone to secure access to mobile banking and other apps. The company’s Eyeprint Verification System captures and compares the pattern of blood vessels in the whites of the user’s eyes and is expected to be used “in financial services, enterprise mobility management, mobile security, telecoms, healthcare and government”.
- Softbank-backed PayPay to update mobile payments app ‘after wrongful charge complaints’
- 7-Eleven to open unmanned convenience stores in Japan
- Hyundai to let drivers unlock cars with their fingerprint
- UN agency to pilot biometric cards for migrants
- German savings banks press Apple to open up its NFC chip