Walmart MasterCard holders are to receive a replacement card “in the next few weeks” that includes an EMV chip. “Walmart has long been a proponent for EMV chip technology and installed EMV-capable terminals in stores about eight years ago,” SVP Mike Cook and MasterCard North America president Chris McWilton explain. “These terminals are now activated in more than 4,600 stores, including all Sam’s Club locations. Terminals in the remaining US stores will be activated before the end of the year.”
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models
- PayPal launches its Xoom mobile remittance service in Europe
- Miami-Dade to roll out open loop ticketing in August?