Apple’s next iPhone will feature its own payment platform, “sources familiar with the matter” have told Wired. “In fact, that platform will be one of the hallmark features of the device when it is unveiled on September 9. We are told the solution will involve NFC.” Analysis of a leaked logic board by a MacRumours reader, meanwhile, adds weight to previous suggestions that Apple will include NXP’s PN65 NFC chip in the iPhone 6.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations