Apple’s next iPhone will feature its own payment platform, “sources familiar with the matter” have told Wired. “In fact, that platform will be one of the hallmark features of the device when it is unveiled on September 9. We are told the solution will involve NFC.” Analysis of a leaked logic board by a MacRumours reader, meanwhile, adds weight to previous suggestions that Apple will include NXP’s PN65 NFC chip in the iPhone 6.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points