Spain’s CaixaBank has signed a €500million agreement with Fujitsu for the delivery of a new network of 8,500 ATMs equipped with contactless readers “capable of scanning cards, mobile phones and wearables”. The ATMs also feature dual screens, “one to handle transactions and the other to provide operational and sales support, thus providing a much more pleasant user experience with the terminal”.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service