Customers of US fuel and convenience store chain Mapco can now pay at the pump with their mobile phone at 276 of the retailer’s stores. “Consumers who download the app can now drive up to the nearest Mapco location, open the app, enter how much they want to pay, and checkout using PayPal,” says Brad Brodigan, VP Retail for North America at PayPal, the exclusive payment option offered by the My Mapco app.
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet
- Tesco to roll out high value contactless transactions
- Tech firms to explore next gen payment cards that combine fingerprint sensors with digital displays