Customers of US fuel and convenience store chain Mapco can now pay at the pump with their mobile phone at 276 of the retailer’s stores. “Consumers who download the app can now drive up to the nearest Mapco location, open the app, enter how much they want to pay, and checkout using PayPal,” says Brad Brodigan, VP Retail for North America at PayPal, the exclusive payment option offered by the My Mapco app.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes