Customers of US fuel and convenience store chain Mapco can now pay at the pump with their mobile phone at 276 of the retailer’s stores. “Consumers who download the app can now drive up to the nearest Mapco location, open the app, enter how much they want to pay, and checkout using PayPal,” says Brad Brodigan, VP Retail for North America at PayPal, the exclusive payment option offered by the My Mapco app.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents