US NFC mobile payments venture Isis has chosen Softcard as its new name. The move follows a July decision to abandon its original name in response to the growing profile of the Isis militant group. “The inherent simplicity of Softcard gives it the potential to become a category defining name,” CEO Michael Abbott explains in a blog post. “That’s a bold aspiration, but one that matches the breadth of our vision.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works