US NFC mobile payments venture Isis has chosen Softcard as its new name. The move follows a July decision to abandon its original name in response to the growing profile of the Isis militant group. “The inherent simplicity of Softcard gives it the potential to become a category defining name,” CEO Michael Abbott explains in a blog post. “That’s a bold aspiration, but one that matches the breadth of our vision.”
- Android Pay to launch in Korea in May?
- Nordea Bank: PSD2 will require banks to adopt a ‘totally new way of viewing their customer base’
- UK consumers want more biometric security options for online banking
- Apple Pay struggles in China in the face of tough competition
- Study reveals US attitudes to authentication methods